Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:00:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pulled the Trigger Today

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, March 21, 2016, 02:58:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

The saga of the Worst Contractor in the US of A is officially over.  Ray emailed this morning that he was going to Menards (a Home Depot clone) and would be over shortly with stuff.  Plumber to be over this afternoon.  5 PM and no plumber, no Ray.

About 4:30, I emailed Ray that I was tired of the lies, excuses, no shows, a glorified bath room project that is now 3 months and counting with no end in sight.  That I will email him a complete list of all items that he needs to provide to me in order for me to release a butt load of tools that are currently in my basement.  No word from him yet.

I must say that I feel so relieved that I don't have to sweat any longer over whether or not he will show up and all the other crappy behaviors he's exhibited the last 3 months.

Virginia

Darren Henry

I know it's not how you would have liked this to work out and you're far more patient than I would have been, but enough is enough. Pull the dogs ears hard enough often enough---you deserve to be bit!!!

QuoteI must say that I feel so relieved that I don't have to sweat any longer over whether or not he will show up ........

Must be the day for it. My diaper was under my skin by about 0803 this morning and getting worse by the hour. Shortly before lunch he got in my face and my muzzle brake fell off ( well slipped---he got a very reduced charge blast, not the full Sgt. Maj. arse reaming he deserves) and after 6 years of silently putting up with his BS  words fell out to the effect that he should replace me. Much less drama this afternoon, but I'm still going to find someplace other than my truck box to store the quad in case he gets stupid again. It sure felt good to suspend that at least for a little while.

I'd suggest talking to the "referrals" for the replacements, not just  their reputations.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

When ever I start a DYI project Rose asks me, why don't you just hire someone to do it and you can do what your good at, upholstery. My response is, I like to make sure its done right.

I've been in your shoes too many times Virginia. I think you did good. Good contractors are hard to find but when you do find one treat them like gold.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: kodydog on March 21, 2016, 06:42:25 pm
Good contractors are hard to find but when you do find one treat them like gold.

When we lived in KS, we had an incredible contractor.  We lucked out as he was just starting out and he kind of grew with us.  He was smart and a quick learner and is now very "in demand" in KS still.  We toyed with trying to persuade him to come visit us for 2 or 3 weeks to do our project but didn't think his wife would let him out of her sight for that long.  LOL

We're kind of chilling right now.  Giving Ray a chance to get all of our stuff together and get it over here.  He swears that he has a voucher at a Home Depot type store here for the amount of the tub, so we shall see.

Virginia