Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 11:50:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Contrast thread

Started by kat, April 20, 2012, 04:23:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

The THREAD NYLON T-270 "CONTRAST" that Miami corp has.. anyone used it, what are your thoughts on using on a fabric car interior?? I am looking for a bright red thread to use against the black panther material in a firebird that is our sons and am having trouble finding sunguard red in 138.

bobbin

I have no practical experience with Sunguard 138, aside from black, white, and grey.  But, I know from long experience that reds have a major fade problem when it comes to solution dyed acrylic fabric.  There is a chance that this isn't an issue with polyester thread, but if you're having trouble finding a true red you may well be hunting for something that won't hold up well over time in strong UV. 

Mojo

I have had great luck with Sunguard 138 but have never used the red color. I have never experienced bleed or fade issues on textilene, vinyl or acrylics. I would contact MiamiMike directly and talk to him about it. He knows what is working and what isn't because he gets constant feedback from a multitude of customers. When customers have issues with any of their products they will go back to Mike.

I admit I do not know enough sometimes about different products so anytime I have questions about materials I go to Mike and he typically will have the answer. He is an awesome resource for me and all of us here.

His e-mail address is: MWeunski@miamicorp.com

Phone: 513-298-5519

Mike is probably going to be your best resource.

Chris

Mike

April 20, 2012, 05:30:38 pm #3 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:28:58 am by Mike
I use to use  the sunfusrd colors to match the sunbrella  every color faded to grey / white now i only use white or black or tensrs tr translucent

DCAutoUpholstery

The Hog Ring reported on T-270 Contrast thread a few weeks ago.  You can read more about it at http://www.thehogring.com/2012/02/24/get-bolder-french-seams-with-qtc-contrast/

Miami Mike

Kat, this thread is bigger than the 138. But if you sew a 138 size thread you can sew this one. If you want the thread color to pop, then you want to use it. We are selling the heck out of it. I know you will like the way it looks. Some of the new cars that are coming out has this style thread in them.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

kat

Thank you everyone for the info, I think I am going to try it out since it is going on one of our cars whats the worse that could happen I would have to do it over again..thanks again!! ;D

ahkahn

Yep, it's great.  We've had a bunch of customers use it - we've carried it for over a year now.  Make sure you're using a size 25 needle with it. 

-Andrew

seamsperfect

April 24, 2012, 06:33:18 pm #8 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:34:04 pm by seamsperfect
138 thread does just fine
Kevin

RocketmanMH1

I have to say that my first exp. with this thread was not a good one.  I have tried it on two different jobs with two diff. colors, using a size 24 needle and my 1508 hated this stuff. and so did I !!!!  I would love it if some of you that have used it would detail the set up and what you had to do to make it work for you.

seamsperfect

Quote from: RocketmanMH1 on April 26, 2012, 10:10:50 am
I have to say that my first exp. with this thread was not a good one.  I have tried it on two different jobs with two diff. colors, using a size 24 needle and my 1508 hated this stuff. and so did I !!!!  I would love it if some of you that have used it would detail the set up and what you had to do to make it work for you.

Seems like most good machines will handle 207 fine.  270 is pretty large, I use my post machine when I sew 270 to 415 thread.
Kevin

ahkahn

Yeah, a size 24 needle is too small.  We definitely recommend a size 25 for 270 thread.

-Andrew