Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 09:16:24 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My Pillow

Started by SteveA, August 05, 2016, 04:43:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

My Wife told me she is going to order My Pillow - buy one get one free.  I'm thinking the adds and tremendous marketing of this product has gotten her to bite.  With all the stuff I have poly fill, foam crumbs, down, etc - this doesn't sound too difficult to make ?
They say machine washable so I guess its fill is similar to outdoor cushions - which I don't do and am not familiar with those materials.
Does anyone know what's in a My Pillow ?  I want to make Our Pillow better than My Pillow !
SA

Rich

I feel the same way.
I did hear that it is shredded foam, but I have no proof.
It wouldn't surprise me to find that even at two for the price of one, the seller is making a HUGE mark up on this product.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

gene

I've never heard of it.

I can hear the sales pitch to the venture capitalists.
"It's MY PILLOW".
"How is it different from any other pillow?"
"It's MY PILLOW".
"Yes, but is it any different than any other pillow?"
"Absolutely! It's MY PILLOW"
"Why would anyone want to buy it?"
"Because it's MY PILLOW".
"So people will be paying inflated prices for the label MY PILLOW?"
"No, of course not. People will be paying inflated prices for the pleasure of buying and receiving MY PILLOW!"
"It's a piece of crap with an inflated price?"
"It's MY PILLOW".
"Genius! How much money can I invest in order to get in on the bottom of this great idea?"

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

RiCat

My wife bought one. She found a single one for approx $50. I didn't want one. I got my pillow just right. So, the buy one (for $100) and get one free is not very truthful.

Rick

Mojo

I was raised with feather ( down ) pillows. They were very common back in the 60's. Maybe some of you remember the blue and white stripped covers.

Since that time I cannot sleep on a foam anything pillow. I have to have a down pillow but they are so lofty I rip one end open, remove some of the feathers and sew it back together again. When they start getting matted down I open it back up and put feathers back into it.

I have to have a thin pillow and hate having my neck and head elevated on a big firm pillow.

See, I told you guys I am not quite right in the head. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteThey say machine washable so.......

Do they say how long it takes to dry ?? You can wash a teddy bear if you don't need to hug it for a few days. I think holofill or loose dacron (teddy bear guts) would be rather hot on the ear, though. The few outdoor cushion fills I've dealt with would make for a very hard uncomfortable pillow.

I've never heard of MY PILLOW but at that price assume that in Florida it is advertised as cool and in North Dakota warm at night. I've heard the same "schpeel" about bamboo fibre for sheets etc...and the price would be consistent with that. Just a thought. Might be worth looking into.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!