Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 07:59:30 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Summer has arrived.

Started by Grebo, August 01, 2016, 02:35:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

We just hit the 40'C, s here in Sunny Alicante, it's nasty working in the marina in this heat coupled with high humidity you just can't drink enough water, it just rolls straight back out as sweat. Roll on the winter.

Least I can hide in the shop most days while my OH melts on the boats.

SteveA

Maybe come visit here and cool off.  We're not rushing into winter willingly. 
What kind of work is your OH ? other half ? doing on the boats ?  Are you sure it's Canvas or Leisure time ?

SA

kodydog

This is the first time in over 25 years I have worked without air conditioning. I always thought it was a perk of the job. 92* here today, feels kinda cool after last week's 98* ;)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

Yeh OH= Other half, Does every thing else on the boats Electronics, Electrics, Gel work, Engines only if he has to, aircon, watermakers etc: Surveys even. Not usually woodwork & never canvas, that's my line. I like to say, he does the hardware & I do the software :-)
Forecast is for a brief cool down, thank goodness.

Darren Henry

QuoteWe just hit the 40'C, s here in Sunny Alicante,

That is insane !!! we've been just breaking 30'C the last couple of weeks [30C=86F BTW] , and that is plenty warm enough thank you. We had a couple of days mid thirties that felt like 40's with the humidex. That was nasty----by lunch time I had to wring out my long johns and my toque. Don't even ask how gross  my mukluks were by the time I came home. LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!