Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:13:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Marine Seat Foam

Started by regalman190, December 26, 2013, 07:57:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

I have to reupholster 4 seats on a center console and replace the foam.

Looking for advice on what foam would be best for this application.

Thanks
Regal Canvas

MinUph

There is closed cell foam used in marine. Normal foam can be used but it will absorb water.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

December 26, 2013, 05:55:01 pm #2 Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:55:32 pm by Mike
unless they request different I use regular heavy firm foam from Miami. its what I have on mine of course mesh bottoms for vents and seat cover help

JuneC

I encourage customers to ante up the cash for dri-fast or ez-dri open cell (reticulated) foam, but it's expensive and some won't go for it.  It holds no water.   Closed cell foam, other than EVA which is crazy expensive, is too firm for most.  As far as conventional foam, I buy Keyston Bros' marine grade firm - it's pale grey (the last I bought, anyway) and has anti-fungal stuff built in.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Same as June, if they don't want to go that route I use regular interior stuff but make sure they understand the difference.

Suzi

regalman190

Regal Canvas