Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 10:39:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Marine Upholstery

Started by regalman190, January 28, 2011, 10:51:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

I've been using Seaquest vinyl for marine upholstery. I like the way it looks and it's easy to work with.

Any recommendations for other vinyls?
Regal Canvas

bobbin

We use Seaquest nearly exclusively in the shop where I work.  I don't think I can recall using anything else.  I will be interested in the other responses. 

Mike8560

I also use seaquest primary  I ha e used nautilex it was good I comment on the color selection as I ha mt looked lately

fragged8

hiya

I wish i could get some of the vinyls you guys use,
mostly I have Nautolex but when I was over there
the vinyls at the school seemed a lot more flexible
and softer.

Rich

JuneC

I like Seabrook for soft/flexible seating vinyl.  For those who want a "tougher" vinyl, I like Nautolex Capitano.  For run-of-the-mill work where the customer is price sensitive or I need it NOW, I use Keyston Bros. (cuz I can drive there and pick up) Cutlass or Navigator vinyl.  It's very much like Seabrook in it's handling/sewing. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

timtheboatguy

I like the Capitano, haven't tried Seaquest yet.
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

scarab29

Also use the above mentioned + enduratex or ship to shore as it's called. Have been using their stuff for auto for ever. Since starting the marine business used that mostly til I found the others , nautolex , seabrook , etc. Like June said the capitano is tough and very boardy.  Working on some carbon fiber look on a go fast interior yesterday , ship to shore just a soft as the seabrook I took off.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Grebo

Quote from: fragged8 on January 28, 2011, 11:30:52 am
hiya

I wish i could get some of the vinyls you guys use,
mostly I have Nautolex but when I was over there
the vinyls at the school seemed a lot more flexible
and softer.

Rich

Me too   :(   4 way stretch, I wish  :'(