Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 08:32:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Looking for a new auto upholstery supplier

Started by jimmyray, August 28, 2012, 05:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyray

Hello all,
My shop is in Chapel Hill NC. I've been using Keyston in Raleigh for years. But they are arrogant and don't treat their customers well in my experience. I'm just tired of it. There is limited selection in the Raleigh area. But because of the internet, it doesn't matter quite so much. I would prefer a supply house within 1 or 2 days shipping of me.
Any one have a supply house that treats their customers well and  keeps their warehouse supplied ? 
Thanks

JuneC

August 28, 2012, 06:59:40 pm #1 Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:02:58 am by JuneC
Too bad they're not accommodating up there.  The gang at Keyston in Ft. Lauderdale is a great bunch.  If you like the products/prices, you can buy them all online from this site:

http://www.anythingupholstery.com/en/

I have no clue what their relationship is to Keyston, but I find their prices match Keyston's wholesale - at least for me (I'm a low-volume buyer so maybe your prices are better).  

For other supplies, try atrim.com and/or yourautotrim.com.  

Oh, I do boats.  Never did a car yet, so you may find other auto upholstery suppliers are much better than those two.  For higher end synthetic fabrics try Gulf Fabrics in Tampa (Ultraleather, Ultrasuede, Alcantara, etc).  Don't know squat about Detroit fabrics for restoration work.  

June

Silly me... I totally forgot that Miami Corp is an auto trim supplier.  I use their marine products, but I think they actually carry more auto products than marine.  See www.miamicorp.com.

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

forsailbyowner

I second miamicorp. Their online catalog is quite extensive. Don't pay attention to the prices online till after you set up an account. They will change to wholesale after you log on.

kat

I second that, I have used miamicorp for a couple years now, love 'em!

brankin

I use Manart-Hirsh
http://manart-hirsch.com/MANART-HIRSCH.COM/
Great guys and fast shipping.  Office in NY is closest to you.

Mojo

Everyone knows how I feel about MiamiMike and Miami Corp.

They rock it out and I consider them the best in the business. :)

Chris