Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 03:03:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Vintage Car Restoration Question

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, May 06, 2014, 07:29:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Long time with no contact.  Met myself coming and going and coming and going, etc.

I've been working on restoring the interior of a 1912 EMF.  Everything has gone well and looks fabulous.  I'm down to the last step which is replacing the canvas top.  Top has been sewn for about a year and a half waiting on the owner to do some work on the bows.  He was out of the country, occupied with other more pressing matters, whatever.  Finally got the bows fixed and his mechanic brought them over to my shop. 

Now I am in need of some assistance.  I've never worked on bows before.  I have a couple of issues.  The first is where the bow curves, I'm not sure what to do with my fabric so that it continues to lie smooth and wrinkle free.  Any ideas?  Also two of the bows have a piece of wood screwed on to give them additional support.  I'm also not sure how to address this.  Any suggestions on both issues are appreciated!

Virginia
Virg's Sew n Sew