Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:05:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Found Dog

Started by kodydog, April 30, 2015, 03:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

April 30, 2015, 03:13:24 pm Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:17:23 pm by kodydog
Maybe we should change this to Dog Forum:

Tuesday around 5 PM Sunny starts barking so I go outside to see whats going on. And up the driveway comes this guy. Beautiful, healthy, muscular, great coat. but no collar and no ID, Friendliest dog you ever met. When he wags his tail his whole butt wiggles. Only problem, I don't like American Pit Terriers. I don't trust them. I put signs out and ran him to the pound to see if any one called and to have him scanned for chips. Nothing. We've been looking for a home for him. I'll keep him till Saturday morning then take him to the shelter.  Hopefully the owner will show up.  I can't keep this dog.

[/URL
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Kody,
I am impressed with the way you are handling this issue.  With my workload, there is no way I could jump into this type of situation, as it is a time consuming adventure. My home, business property, vehicles, and girl friend just take the time.  There is enough work in the business alone!!!

Oh, and I understand the potential risk in taking on the pet thing, witnessed two victims the past week.

Doyle

kodydog

I know what your saying Doyle. I've been working late every night for about 3 months now. Just cant seem to keep caught up.

kodydog

Found a good home with a young fellow my wife works with. I was happy to make the hour long trip to deliver him and they bonded immediately. He rescued a female American Bull Terrier about a year ago. I brought him to the building my wife works at and of course all the ladies came out to see him. What a ham. We told the new owner we would pay to have the dog neutered and some of her coworkers said they would help. He thought that was great. All is good.

Virgs Sew n Sew

I will be smiling all day long thinking of this adorable dog with his new forever family!

That is just an absolutely incredible thing you have done.  What a lucky dog to wind up on your doorstep.

Virginia

kodydog

A bit of good news and bad news. The new owner brought the dog home and everyone loved it. It will be his wife's dog. Rose sent me a picture of the wife siting on a chair and the dog sprawled across her lap. :) Yoda (his new name) tried to mount their female pit and she quickly put him in his place. They took him in to get neutered last Thursday and discovered he has heart worms. The vet said there can be complications when neutering a dog with worms so they will treat the worms first. Our offer to pay for the neutering still stands.

Darren Henry

QuoteWhat a lucky dog to wind up on your doorstep

I wanted to mention at the time that you are a heck of a guy Ed!!!, but had to get to work/thread got old/ blah blah...

Very few people would offer what you have, you and the better half should be commended.

Beats the heck out of how we got Buddy. [coles notes] He turns up on boss/friend's acreage / her dog doesn't like him/we had just lost Bear. Peter says you need a new dog/we say no... he asks me to come out and help work on his cabin cruiser. Tells me again that we need anew dog/no/ "okay well then help me shoot him before you leave!!" . He came home on "trial" for 17 years. I won't bore the new members with details they  didn't ask for---you "lifer's know how tight Buddy and I were and what we did. that's him in the pic.---Border collie/springer spaniel. In his prime he was the fastest land animal in  North West Ontario, and the most loving "house dog" you'd ever meet.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

CW

I love furbaby stories with happy endings! Great job!
"Yard by yard, life is hard. Inch by inch, it's a cinch." ~Unknown

Grebo

Don't worry to much about the heart worms, although left untreated potently fatal, they are all to common here. Treatment can be as simple as one tablet a day.

Suzi