Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 08:52:17 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

therapy

Started by lc, February 29, 2012, 02:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lc

Ahhhh ! don't be scared at least you know if your hurtin your still alive . hee hee

Glad to know I am not with a bunch of youngons ....mind you I don't think there are many young upholsterers ...hope they step up to the plate soon before we croak..we need someone to carry on our trade...
I have my son helps in the shop a bit he aches within a few hours !! ha ha he ain't as tough as his ole mom was . errr.. is ..,,kind of sort of

gene

I have bladder problems. I'm going to start wearing boots at work so I don't get piss all over the floor any more.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on March 01, 2012, 07:37:23 pm
I have bladder problems. I'm going to start wearing boots at work so I don't get piss all over the floor any more.
But what will you do when the boots are full? I'm from Texas. So I'm not sure how you would empty them.

Is anyone else noticing that no matter what the topic, the subject always seems to come back around to piss?

My cat crawled into one of my boots the other day. I didn't know how to pour puss out of a boot.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

sofadoc

Quote from: lc on March 01, 2012, 07:01:08 pm
I don't think there are many young upholsterers ...hope they step up to the plate soon before we croak..we need someone to carry on our trade
A travelling salesman tells me that "In EVERY town that I go to, when the upholsterer dies......no one takes his place."

lc

We have a little saying here

An upholsterer never dies ...he simply 'recovers !  har har

Grebo

Quote from: fingers on March 01, 2012, 06:50:16 pm
I'm a mere 50 yrs old. Ya'll are scarin' the heck outta me  :o

I better say nuttin about age then  :-X

Suzi

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on March 01, 2012, 06:47:32 pm
I turned 54 Jan. 31. The spring of '57 musta been REALLY boring. :D

Or exciting. Depends on how our parents looked at it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

March 02, 2012, 10:29:21 am #22 Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:30:17 am by byhammerandhand
Before my father died, he and my sisters were somehow discussion my sibling's ages.    This was normally my mom's job, but she had been gone for a year.   He could remember my one sister's birthday because it was on his 30th birthday, but never referenced back and forth from there.

Anyway, he finally said, "Keith had to have been born in 1951 because there was the blizzard of Nov. 1950 that shut the town down for days."   My sisters said they both blushed.

Of course, this was something I had figured out while in elementary school after seeing some of the photos of the snow.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

bobbin

Fun thread. 

At 53  (February; was born in a terrible ice storm in '59) I have developed a few nagging aches and pains in recent years.  I see a chiropractor routinely and do the prescribed exercises.  I make an effort to get out for extended walks with that fool dog (talk about cheap "therapy", lol). 

I have been really thinking about working "smarter" recently.  Things like work benches at a comfortable height, sewing machine benches and sewing chairs at the proper heights (this is "big" in factory settings but frequently overlooked in Mom&Pop shops), and not spending extended time on your knees or bent over at the waist.   Simpler things, like sharp shears, using the hot knife, getting up and stretching every couple of hours. 

All those things are not routine when I'm "workin' for the man", but they are part of the equation when I'm working in my own shop.  When I work at home I never have to spend an entire day stuffing cushions and working foam into the far crannies of cushions.  Ever! but after I finish cutting the foam (on the floor, on my hands and knees) "the man" requires me to then stuff the cushions... .  Breaking up the hard part of the work is not permitted.  It's really so foolish, when the long view is considered. 

Work smarter, not harder. 

sofadoc

What makes me feel old, is that on the day I was born, the #1 song was "At The Hop"  by Danny and the Juniors.

You can check out yours here:
http://www.joshhosler.biz/

kodydog

March 02, 2012, 07:44:38 pm #25 Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:47:32 pm by kodydog
Mine would be, Don't/ I Beg of You - Elvis Presley. I'm not even sure how that goes. And I'm to cheap to pay $.99 to see. Guess my birth day was a dud.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

west coast

At 57 I have started working out every morning at 430. Mon Wed Fri I do 45 minutes of weights and the other three I do 20 minutes of cardio and Sunday is a rest day. We are eating right taking the appropriate vitamins and especially glucosamine condroitin. The later is good for the arthritic joints and I can say with all the changes we have made including once a month visit to the Chiropractor I feel alot better.I have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks which is always good for the knees and the old pump. It is hard to get going and keep the routine going but once its established it just becomes another routine in your daily life. The other side bonus is there are 42 people in this challenge each one throwing in 30 bucks winner takes all, I`m going to win and take my long suffering wife on a holiday. 8)

lc

Exercise is a good thing ., I do a lot with running up and down the stairs all day and going for a walk down to the end of the road to the mail box .
I was so bad with my knee with the pain my husband told me to try the Glucosamine ...I was skeptical at first but I could take the pain and finally caved ..I wished I had started taking it years ago !

Funny eh ? My old dog Brody couldn't jump up into the truck he was slowing down on us. The vet had us try him on the Glucosamine and it has worked wonders ! He can hop in the truck no problem now.
Duhhh I should have picked up on that eh !?

This Dr. Mom highly recommends it !