Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 08:20:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

therapy

Started by lc, February 29, 2012, 02:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lc

With all the wear and tear on our muscles can we put theraputic sessions through the business?
For example massage or physio whatever is needed to help with the strains of our work .

I don't know about you guys but the more I do this kind of work the sorer I get
It's hard on the back and hands ...even the old knees giving out ....
My previous employer would go once a week to a reiki massage so I wasn't sure if they had put it through the business or paid it themselves

kodydog

I'm thinking more psycho therapy. Ha  :)

But seriously the older we get the tougher it gets. Gotta take care of yourself. Eat right and exercise.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

lc

I started out with that with that messege I started out saying .''other than needing shrink''...but I erased it heh heh ..I should have left it in.

Mike

google trigger finger , ive developed trigger thumb lately  is suks getting old  ::)

Grebo

Quote from: lc on February 29, 2012, 03:08:37 pm

I started out with that with that messege I started out saying .''other than needing shrink''...but I erased it heh heh ..I should have left it in.

This forum is my theory  ;D , No really. I work alone & don't know any one else here doing the same thing as me.
Recently I have had to stop switching the puut on two early as I am spending to much time with you guys & not enough time working  ???.   
Yeh ok sad if you like but other than the dogs I don't see any one all day unless fitting/ patterning down the marina   :'(

Suzi

mike802

I would think you could offer any benefits to yourself, or employees as long as it is available to everyone.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

gene

Get a note from your doctor or chiropractor for the treatment and include the costs as medical expenses. I don't think it would be a business deduction.

But then, I'm an upholsterer, not a CPA. 2 + 2 always = 4. I don't know how to make it = something else like these CPA's can.

I think we had an article on here where a guy bought a Jaguar because it has an inflatable lower lumbar section of the drivers' seat. He expensed the car as a medical expense because he needed the lower lumbar support for his back. The irs said "no".

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: Grebo on March 01, 2012, 12:30:05 am
This forum is my theory  ;D , No really. I work alone & don't know any one else here doing the same thing as me.
Recently I have had to stop switching the puut on two early as I am spending to much time with you guys & not enough time working  ???.
I hear you. I've only recently started bringing my 'puter to work with me when I discovered that the business next door has an unsecured wi-fi signal that I can pick up. The upholstery business is not a "high traffic" retail business. It's not uncommon to go all day without seeing or talking to anyone.
I know that some here post that they only return phone calls during their downtime. Heck, I welcome phone calls. Telemarketers have been known to hang up on ME! :D
My feet give me a lot of trouble, so I take several breaks a day anyway. This forum, and a few other websites provide the therapy I need to keep my sanity.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

fingers

My shoulder and arm are killing me. Living on advil the last three days. Will go get a steroid shot if it doesn't improve in a month or so....
Sofa, my feet bothered me for a long time. Here's two ideas that made it all better for me. 1.) spent 200 bucks on some arch supports, took six months but it helped considerably. 2.) got a work mat from uline. also not cheap BUT my feet don't hurt anymore. Really. Would never have suffered for so long had I known.
Can't speak to the sanity aspect, never had much to begin with. 

sofadoc

March 01, 2012, 05:42:01 pm #9 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:26:56 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: fingers on March 01, 2012, 05:28:02 pm
Sofa, my feet bothered me for a long time. Here's two ideas that made it all better for me. 1.) spent 200 bucks on some arch supports, took six months but it helped considerably. 2.) got a work mat from uline. also not cheap BUT my feet don't hurt anymore.
Over the last 10 years, I've gone through 6 pairs of custom orthotics. The least of which cost $400. I have so much padding under my carpeted work area now, that some people actually lose their balance when they first step onto it.
I've had cortisone shots, I've had the nerve endings in my feet deadened by freezing, and I've plowed through countless other products. You name it......I've tried it.
By 2PM everyday, I feel like I'm walking on hot coals.

lc

I'm having knee and feet problems and I always know when I need new proper shoes
when they start to really bother me I can barely walk up and down my steps ' I get frustrated because It sometimes cuts my workday ..I go to turn around for something and my knee sends me to the moon, or mars or wherever

I didn't realize how bad my habits were ...I never noticed it before ( until the pain told me ! so to speak )  I have a tendency to push a sofa or chair away from me while on the floor with my knee '
I have always done that but I didn't pick up on it and also when I am handstiching or whatever ., I am sometimes kneeling on the cement floor which now is extremely painful ...I used to hop up on the table to work on things instead of geting it to floor level   not now ..,today is my birthday 54 yrs old ..been doing this since I was 28...the old bones ain't what they used to be.
Have to keep on trucking though..at least if I am a hurtin I know I'm still kicken .

kodydog

Quote from: lc on March 01, 2012, 06:31:12 pm
I..the old bones ain't what they used to be.
Have to keep on trucking though..at least if I am a hurtin I know I'm still kicken .

A very happy birthday lc. I'm exactly 4 days older than you. And many more.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I turned 54 Jan. 31. The spring of '57 musta been REALLY boring. :D

fingers

March 01, 2012, 06:48:10 pm #13 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:49:10 pm by fingers
Sofa, OK, I suck.
On a lighter note, Happy Birthday to the other two.

fingers

I'm a mere 50 yrs old. Ya'll are scarin' the heck outta me  :o