Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 02:46:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

lower lumbar pillow

Started by gene, February 10, 2016, 04:52:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I've got a guy who made some beautiful Stickley chairs. He did a great job on the woodwork and then went out and bought some crap cushions for it.

Anyway, he's wanting a lumbar pillow that will sit about 8 inches above the seat cushion and the center of his lower back will rest on it. He doesn't want the lumbar pillow to be down touching the seat cushion.

I suggest an inflatable lumbar pillow. Anyone have any ideas on how to have a lumbar pillow sit or hang in a position a few inches above the seat cushion?

Thank you for your thoughts,

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

I'd suggest a feather lumbar. But without seeing the chair the only thing i can think of is ties or Velcro. But I'm sure you already thought of that.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

Depending on the style of Stickly you might be able to hang the pillow from the top rail. Any other way it will loose its shape. Like snaps, side ties etc.
  You could also make him a new back and have the mid back pillow built in. This is not really a Lumbar pillow so high up.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't' know if there was some kind of standard type of way to 'hang' a pillow on the back of a chair. I told the guy to check for inflatable pillows from auto parts stores.

He's a bit guy so I don't know how well it would hold up anyway.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!