Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 01:53:28 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Booth Upholstery Pricing

Started by crosjn, March 30, 2016, 08:52:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

crosjn

Does anyone have a booth pricing formula that sonsistently works for pricing large jobs?  When I first started 12yrs ago, someone told me to use $45/ln foot for standard plain straight booths to do seat&back... So, that's what I've consistently based my pricing on.  But corners/curved booths, high backs, etc...  I don't have standards for those. 

Thoughts?  Do you just wing it?

Most of my work is COM, someone else does the fabric purchasing.

MinUph

Large booth jobs are tuff. If it the standard type seat and back the lin foot price should be fine. When you get tall backs just add a small % above the norm.
  I try to figure it out by the time it will take and the amount of issues to "do the job". Like if I have to do it between the hours of x and y, or how much I can take at one time. That all plays into the figures.
  There is also foam, springs, etc to take into consideration. COM you need to cover your labor well as it usually takes longer than figured. If they are using a designer also plays a roll.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website