Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:38:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Installing a vinyl cover on a cushion

Started by BigJohn, April 09, 2011, 06:46:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

Does anyone else do what I do, when installing the cover I've made using vinyl on a seat cushion for a pontoon, restaurant, or similar I warm it in the clothes dryer to make it more pliable so it stretches into place easier.
                                                    Big John

SHHR

I've warmed them with a heat gun before to help them stretch a bit.

Kyle

Mike8560

Heat gun but never dyed a dryer.
Working on some seats right now. Just taking a break from streaching

MinUph

We have the sun to do all the warming we need in Florida  :D A blow drier works well also.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Remember those 'solar powered clothes dryers' that were sold for $29.99? You got a clothes line and some clothes pins.

I suggested once using the dryer to dry the cat after a bath. My wife did not think that was funny. I could only surmise that she was concerned that the lint trap might not be able to handle any excess cat hair.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

scarab29

Never used a clothes dryer but used to have a "hot box" for heating up vinyl when wrapping like a dash or door panel. Basically a frame to attach the material to that slid into a box with some heat lamps in it. Slick as snot !!!!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

hidebound

It seems like I read about this in an older thread. I thought it was a great idea.

JuneC

No need in Florida  ;D   But seriously, I've used a heat gun in the past.  At least until I discovered shrinking the foam with silk film and a shop vac.  Now that's slick stuff there.  And to think I've been busting my chops for years, trying to stuff cushions.   :o  It's really hard work without some sort of aids or assistance. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields