Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 02:50:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hey Chris How About Mid Week Funnies?

Started by BigJohn, March 15, 2011, 08:02:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

March 15, 2011, 08:02:25 pm Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:04:25 pm by BigJohn
Subject line pretty much covers it. I know give them an inch and they want a mile.

Mojo

I can switch the Friday jokes to Wednesday jokes if you want. Makes no never mind to me. :)

I am a little hesitant to do both days because a few members do not like the joke posts at all. Some feel this is an upholstery site and should not have anything posted here except for upholstery related discussions.

I felt I was pushing it by posting my Friday funnies. It's up to ya'll. I just want to stay out of trouble here. :)
Let me know what everyone wants to do and I will do it.

Myself, I think life should be lived with humor. Everyone can use a smile everyday.

Chris

Grebo

Quote from: Mojo on March 16, 2011, 03:24:00 am

I am a little hesitant to do both days because a few members do not like the joke posts at all. Some feel this is an upholstery site and should not have anything posted here except for upholstery related discussions.

Miserable few, they don't have to read them !

I am with you Chris, I need as much as possible to smile at  ;)  
You could do a pole on who does & who doesn't. Like a laugh.  ;D

Suzi

gene

"Some feel this is an upholstery site and should not have anything posted here except for upholstery related discussions." LOL Now that's funny.

I would think it takes less energy to not read something that you don't want to read, than to complain about it.

How about posting Friday Funnies on Sunday? Most people do not work Sundays. This might be more palatable for those who can't stomach Friday Funnies on Friday. Now, the folks who are on the other side of the international date line might still has a cause for complaining.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

crammage

I love the Friday Funnies whatever day they are posted.  As I tell my daughter, "life is too short to be so serious, enjoy it as it comes!"

Clay

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on March 16, 2011, 03:24:00 am

The fact that we constantly stray off topic is what I like about this forum. 
If you ONLY want "serious" upholstery talk, you don't HAVE to click on the thread titled "Mojo's Friday Funnies".
Being a furniture guy, I don't even bother to click on any thread that has the word "Bimini" in the title.
Those who only want upholstery chat might prefer Carr's Corner.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Grebo

Quote from: sofadoc on March 16, 2011, 05:58:28 am
The fact that we constantly stray off topic is what I like about this forum.  
If you ONLY want "serious" upholstery talk, you don't HAVE to click on the thread titled "Mojo's Friday Funnies".
Being a furniture guy, I don't even bother to click on any thread that has the word "Bimini" in the title.

Exactly.  
Whats a hog ring  anyway

Mojo

I will do whatever Ken, the boss of this site wants. It is his forum so I have to abide by his rules. :)

So what is your opinion Ken ?

Thanks,

Chris

BigJohn

March 16, 2011, 08:51:18 am #8 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:43:19 pm by BigJohn
I'm sorry it wasn't my intent to cause such a stir but rather to let Chris know how much I appreciated the the diversion of the funnies, as health issues in my family can bring one down.
                                                            Big John

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Grebo on March 16, 2011, 05:31:00 am

Suzi

Right, care to name names Mojo  :P ?

That in itself may be Wednesday funnies worthy!

Mojo

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on March 16, 2011, 12:25:48 pm
Quote from: Grebo on March 16, 2011, 05:31:00 am

Suzi

Right, care to name names Mojo  :P ?

That in itself may be Wednesday funnies worthy!

Ahhhh nope.......LOL.........

I didn't realize that we had a couple who didn't like personal things or jokes posted on here until I read his post once. I got the message loud and clear but since I am a non-conformist I kept posting the jokes anyways. :)

I am thinking Greg he was a sewing machine dealer in another life. You know how anal those guys are.  :P

Chris

sofadoc

This whole topic leaves ONE burning question:
Grebo, where'd you get those "smiley's"?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Grebo

Quote from: sofadoc on March 16, 2011, 03:54:43 pm
This whole topic leaves ONE burning question:
Grebo, where'd you get those "smiley's"?

Arr sorry about that
I have a small collection in my photobucket account.

If I see one I like I steal it & save it for later.

regalman190

I think there should be a daily funny Chris!  :P

I agree with Clay. Life's too short and laughter makes all (or most) of us feel better! ;D

Keep the funnies coming Chris. Any day of the week!

And for those who don't like them, don't read them!
Regal Canvas

RENE G

Chris keep em coming I don't post often but I read this forum every single day and I personally look forward to Friday funnies whatever day of the week they are. No matter where you go there will always be bashers and naysayers. Like others have said, "You don't like em, don't click on em". We need jocularity in our daily lives.

Rene