Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 02:05:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Slammed

Started by Mojo, August 05, 2011, 10:27:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I just got slammed with a large order. I was getting ready to start a run of chemo because business had slowed to a crawl and I thought this would be a perfect time before the busy season starts this fall / winter. Then BANG........ My phone starts ringing.

I just got the largest order ever for RV awnings along with some solar screens for one RV customer. He is replacing everything on his coach and some of these awnings are massive. 6 awnings in all.

To top things off I have two more coaches waiting in the wings who need their awnings all recovered as soon as they return from their trips and come back off the road.

Then the triple whammy is I just got off the phone with Miami Mike and Recacril ( in the colors I use ) are in very short supply in some sizes. It appears a major fiber manufacturer that supplies all of the mills around the world went bankrupt so all the fabric makers are scrambling and trying to buy up what fibers they can get that are on the market at this time. This has created a shortage of some fabrics because they have no fibers to make the fabric with. Mike said they have one size and color fabric ( a very popular color ) on back order for several months and it wont be here till the end of September. That sucks because the vast majority of my awnings are all done in this color. :(

For you Marine people Miami Mike does have a good stock of Outdura.

I did have to chuckle a bit because the customer just dropped off his awnings. I looked them over ( made with Sunbrella ) and they looked to be in great shape and not more then 2 years old. He wants them replaced though because they have stretched out so bad. This is the reason I have went with Recacril. It has zero stretch capabilities. Stretch in an RV awning is never a good thing because once it stretches it sags and once it sags then your customer has to go back to the dealer and spend more money to get the awning springs readjusted. I refuse to use any other fabric except Recacril on RV awnings because of this.

When it rains it pours. I need to go back and tweek my schedule now. I had no idea I would get slammed like this in the summer months. Mind you I am not complaining as the business is nice. But dang can't it wait till fall ?  LOL

Chris

Mike8560

What. Olof are they out of I was getting ready to order some black soon. 
That good chris workwise.  Funny I did a boat cover in recacrill and the dealor had tue boat sitting o. An angle and it was in such a way water sat  in one spot and pooled and streached out in That spot.
I tried it expecting g nit to seach as sunbrella dose and it did. It is at s better cost that dosent hur either. 

Mojo

If you go to Miami's website it will show how much is in stock when you click on the selection of fabric you want.

Also check to see if Blue Streak delivers to your area. They deliver for Miami to my location and it costs $ 10 regardless of how much fabric you order. I have placed orders with Mike in the AM and have had Blue Streak deliver it that afternoon. They only serve the center section of the State from Jacksonville down but I do not know where their cut off line is further South.

Chris

Mike8560

Ua blue streak I hear they dint cone down my  way.
To bad ups sux not my driver but the co in general.

Mojo

It was one other reason why I sole sourced with Miami Mike - Blue Streak.

My costs for having 41 yards of Recacril delivered to my door step was $ 10.00. That is going to be one HEAVY dang roll. :)

I believe I am going to call Mike and order 30 more yards to put in stock. I have two big jobs coming up and will need it and I want to be sure I can get it.

Chris