Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:22:26 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Silver screens ( Reflextec )

Started by Grebo, January 03, 2018, 09:15:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Silver screens.
Hi Boys & girls, I've made a couple of external silver screen covers for our RV which are snapped on & I would like to add one on the inside of the rear window, I was thinking magnetic tape would be good so as to get a nice 'seal' it's my side of the bed & gets a bit of a cold drop from the glass this time of year. I am not going into production on this it's a one off for us.

After suggestions on the magnetic tape there seems to be a plefora of weight/strenghts available.
Or other ideas come to that. I don't want to put this one on the outside as it's just something else to find storage space for.

Thanks

Suzi

Darren Henry

I've never used magnetic tape. In fact I am not even sure where I would get it here. I'd use velcro just because I have it on hand, it's sewable, and I think it would be cheaper than magnetic tape.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Suzi:

We started our company making solar screens for RV's. There is a company in the USA called Magnashade. I know the owner and we do shows together around the USA. They developed a magnetized system which allows the RV owner to put the solar screens onto windshields, windows, etc.

Here is a link to their website. Watch the video on how they install the shades.

www.magneshade.com/

If you have double pane windows in your RV then I highly recommend you mount the screens from the outside. Placing them against a double pane window from the inside will blow the seals from heat buildup. I believe Magnashade uses steel pieces glued to the inside of the window and then they sew heavy duty magnets inside the fabric.

I never anything with glue in Florida for fabric or velcro as the heat from the sun melts the glue and you end up with a hell of a mess. Been there and learned my lesson.

Hope this helps.

Mojo

Grebo

Thanks for the replies.
No I don't use any form of stick on velcro either.
Same reason plus it's so ugly when not in use.
Single pane Mojo so no problem with that, thanks I will check that out.