Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 10:09:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anyone planning Christmas projects?

Started by bobbin, December 03, 2011, 05:09:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

Every year I try to do some Christmas sewing.  Usually it's some clothing for the husband, but this year I've been thinking about some nice thermally lined drapery panels for the guest room.  And the elusive Christmas tree skirt I've been longing to make for a decade now (chin on chest in shame).  You?

Mojo

My sewing for the next couple weeks is awnings. And more awnings. And solar screens. And more solar screens.

I wished Santa would call me and have me do a cover for his sleigh or maybe something for the reindeer. Anything but what I am doing at the moment.

I wanted to sew a front end bra for my wife's new car but am ordering one instead. I just do not have the time to figure out how to make one and then sew it myself.

Chris

byhammerandhand

Making jewelry boxes for three of the grand-daughters.  Close enough to get the second coat of finish on today.

Also making Keva plank style blocks for one of the grand-sons.  About 1200 of them.   All are cut out and half of them are sanded and ready to go. 
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

baileyuph

In a sense the plan is to get all the customers orders filled.  This year it is off road vehicles (4 wheelers), several golf cart seats, chairs and couches, and a few car seats repaired while the cars are home from school or?

I could use a few elves.   :)

It would be fun to make a santa with red and white scraps and dacron.  ;)

Maybe next year will permit this.

Doyle

SHHR

It's probably a bit late to start, but I have some scrap black leather. I thought about sewing up some stockings with that material and trying to sell them in the local Harley shop who I do seats for regularly.
Kyle

bobbin

Such a clever bunch!

I love the leather stockings for the Harley shop... will you add some studs around the top edge, too?  :)  If there are Indian fans out there you could always add some fringe...

And building blocks, Hammer? what a great gift for a kid.  I used to spend hours building corrals for my model horses when I was little... I used the pattern on the oriental rug in the living room for "roads".  I had forgotten all about that until you mentioned blocks... thanks for that.  Any pictures of the projects you have in the pipeline?

byhammerandhand

I plan to have some photos of the jewelry boxes when completely finished.  Two of the recipients are fraternal twins, so one has a walnut case with maple drawer fronts and the other maple case with walnut drawer fronts.

The blocks are not much to look at individually, but based on this product : http://www.kevaplanks.com.   I made those boys (who incidentally are identical twins), a set of building blocks a few years ago.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike8560

Quote from: DB on December 03, 2011, 06:48:31 am
In a sense the plan is to get all the customers orders filled. 

Doyle

that my
goal
right now also