Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 05:11:34 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Long Arm

Started by brmax, February 22, 2013, 08:08:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

I wonder who uses a long arm sew machine and how much,  just considering a staight stitch only use.
for real if you had an hour meter on it ( pun accepted )
im just questioning the style for a begining tooling / gear up or whatever thought
present tooling This screen ! ha ah ha

JDUpholstery

I have a 20" long arm Singer, its is invaluable for canvas work, having room for the excess during a full flat felled seam run is great...also use it all the time for pleating, less having to roll your mater and sewfoam up so it can fit in the throat...for everyday stuff though I stick to my Consew, If I had to give it a number, Id say I use the long Arm 30% of the time

timtheboatguy

I have looked at long arm machines several times but after looking at the price; have a change of mind. For most marine canvas work and upholstery I don't think it is necessary, in fact I have made boat covers with one of those Sailrite clones that only has a 7" bed.

http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

brmax

I realy appreciate your replys,  just hearing the different ways to get things done is an eye opener. Thanks