Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 12:51:06 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lost link to manuals-- singer

Started by Darren Henry, October 06, 2010, 07:03:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Way back when the air was clean and sex was dirty ; one kind member sent me a link to all  of singer's operator's manuals and repair manuals.  I've lost it  :'(.

I just hauled the bosses' old 114wsv37 long arm singer out from under the tarp tonight and need help. There is a nasty  knock somewhere near where the two halves of the arm connect [should that "transfer case" be packed with grease?/oil bath?] and what is that lever on the back of the machine just right of the "transfer case" there for?

If some one can post that again, :-*  please; the guy looking at the 211W155 and I would be grateful.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

I'll send what I have to your email (again, as I said in another post, I can't logon with Win 7 64 bit)

Darren Henry

Thanks Gregg. I'll check for it after work.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Can-Vas

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on October 07, 2010, 04:50:38 am
I'll send what I have to your email (again, as I said in another post, I can't logon with Win 7 64 bit)

Good ole Microsoft   "You WILL UPGRADE, OR ELSE!" ...nothing will work... :'(
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

fragged8

hiya

i'm on win 7 64bit and i'm ok ?

Rich

lamx

The online Singer industrial manuals are at:

http://parts.singerco.com/

Click on "Industrial Products" and select Replacement Parts Charts, Instruction Manuals, or Service Manuals.  I doubt that you will find any documentation for SV models, maybe some other manual in the 114 series will be close enough.

Ed

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: fragged8 on October 07, 2010, 09:02:54 am
hiya

i'm on win 7 64bit and i'm ok ?

Rich

Intresting.  I can't log on.  I can from XP, Vista, and even my Droid phone, no problem.  I'll check it again.  Would not be the 1st time I goofed on a password or user, but I checked it numerous times.

Darren Henry

Thanks anyway Gregg but that machine looks more like a 31 class machine and this one looks like my 111 W155 on steroids.

If you look really close you should be able to see the two bobbins in front of the machine.The little one is from a 111W155. That's how beefy this thing is.

My biggest questions were what kind of lubricant goes in that "box" where the two halves of the body connect? And what is this lever in the back for? See end of yard stick in this pic.

lamx

In your first post, you said you had a 114WSV37.  Your photos look more like a 144WSV37.  Singer actually has a manual for the 144WSV37 at:

http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/144WSV36_WSV37_WSV38.pdf

The manual indicates a preference for "Singer Gear Lubricant" (surprise!).  I'll let the experts tell us what would be a suitable substitute, considering today's technology, I would probably use a tube of Tri-Flow Grease.

Ed

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

yeah, it's a 144W.

But...you said it was a 114, and that's what I sent to ya!

Let me know if that other link above does not work out for you. 

Darren Henry

Sorry  :-[ my bad. Spell check missed that too. LOL.

Thank you for the quick help Gregg. Sorry I messed up and made it for not.

Ed; that link was the one I was looking for. Thanks  :)

Any thoughts on "the right grease" and what could be causing that awe-full clatter in the top end?