Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:18:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Shipping

Started by 65Buick, June 28, 2017, 01:31:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

65Buick

Hey folks,

I made an Etsy sale. The person is literally the entire width of the USA away from me. UPS wanted roughly $400. No go.
I used Greyhound Bus, much cheaper but takes longer. I packed it really well, including some homemade crating made from cardboard, inside a 32" cube box.

Let you all know how it goes when it arrives. The buyer picks it up from their closest terminal, in this case a quick 15minute drive.

MinUph

What did you sell anyways?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

That's a hoot ! 
Did you enamel the wood ?
SA

Mojo

Wow. That's a first. Never heard of using Greyhound before. Hmmmmmm.......

Did you know Amazon started their own cargo airline ? They are testing the methods and may expand it.

Chris

65Buick

Yep, treated the wood with oil enamel.
Didn't know about amazon. When I went to select for the custkmer that I used GH a whole bunch of other shipping services popped up that I didn't know about.

65Buick

The chair did make it. Customer said the box was damaged but chair was not. All the way from coastal Ca to coastal NH. 24 days via greyhound bus.

kodydog

Nice job, thanks for the info.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html