Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 01:32:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Am I the only one who is looking forward to Christmas being over?

Started by BigJohn, December 18, 2011, 06:04:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

We plan to travel 3 1/2 hours to spend Christmas eve with my Brother and his family and we plan to stop at my Wife's sisters house to visit for a time also and she also would like to go to Christmas eve mass, and, and, and. I'm beginning to melt down, It's occurred to me that it might be more enjoyable to stay at home in the house watching TV & videos and not come out till the Holiday is over! I'm sorry to say but I'm feeling a bit like Bah Humbug!
                                                                   Big John

gene

I have a busy week of work coming up, but then a week of quiet, and very little work. We'll spend a few days at a cabin in the woods the week after Xmas. I'll miss my 10 hour work days, but I'm able to eat a lot more cookies when I'm not working.

Am I looking forward to Christmas being over? Not being negative or a bah humbugger, but I really couldn't care less. It is what it is, and Santa is not real.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I enjoy the Christmas holidays well enough. My family isn't huge, so our holiday gatherings don't consist of a bunch of people that really can't stand each other. Some of my friends have huge families that just end up fighting.
My immediate family is small, but close. So our "get-togethers" go really well.
But when Christmas day is over, I'm ready to put it all behind me, and get back to the grind. If I had MY way, New Year's day wouldn't even be a holiday.
The week after Christmas is usually pretty dead. Customers are broke. The weather is bad.
Quote from: gene on December 18, 2011, 06:23:20 pm
It is what it is, and Santa is not real.

HUH? ???
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike8560

I don't have anything planned and christmass day I'll be taking my lights down. So I'll be glad for  the rest of the world to return to nmal also.

SHHR

It doesn't even have the feel of Christmas around here other than the lit up tree in the house. It's been warmer than usual and I've been so busy that I don't have the time to sit back and take it in. We've got a busy two weeks ahead though. We're heading out tomorrow afternoon to head 5 hours south into Tennessee to visit my wife's sister and her husband. Then we hoof it back to Indiana late Thursday for a few days only to leave again after Christmas service for Florida to visit more of my wife's family and friends (sigh). It'll be fun and plan on popping in to see MOJO (don't worry if you can't, I know you're flat covered up too). I just hate walking away from the shop since it really picked up after a slow summer and fall.
Kyle

Grebo

I like this time of year, work is super slow so I can tidy up, reorganise the workshop & get all those little bitty jobs done that have been piling up in a corner.
Then off up to France for a part working Christmas get fed & play in the snow. Luvly  ;D

Suzi