Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 11:45:33 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Need Sewing Machine Repair in Central Wisconsin

Started by BigJohn, August 19, 2011, 11:31:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

I'm in Wausau, WI. and I need a tune up on my 1245 Pfaff, the closest place I've found is Milwaukee 3 1/2 to 4 hours away does anyone have a suggestion?

Toledo Mach. Sales

Yes, I know of a guy in Toledo ,Ohio
Do you need his ph#?
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

BigJohn

That would be great but I'm not sure I could afford that high a quality of workmanship! Maybe I'll just have to wait until the next time your in the area, the Air show is less than a year away!

scottymc

August 19, 2011, 02:13:37 pm #3 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:14:12 pm by scottymc
Quote from: BigJohn on August 19, 2011, 12:17:33 pm
That would be great but I'm not sure I could afford that high a quality of workmanship! Maybe I'll just have to wait until the next time your in the area, the Air show is less than a year away!

Your humour in the U.S. is sometimes similar to our Aussie humor, if your mate is saying something nice about you, then he's setting you up. ;D

BigJohn

Scottymc:
     Bob Kovar at Toledo Sewing Machine is my preference for both sales and service but due to the long distance I would have to travel and the expense of freight both he and I realize a local mechanic makes more sense.

forsailbyowner

I bought a servo motor from industrial sewing systems in janesville wi.If thats any closer than milwaukee. They advertise repairs

scottymc

Re read what you wrote mate, you said that you could not afford afford high quality workmanship , so you will wait till Bob is in the area( I assumed for more affordable low quality workmanship ).

Sorry I thought you were just giving a bit of backhanded ribbing to Bob, which is the norm for Aussie humour, such as we call redheads"Bluey" and a 4' 10" man named John "Big John" :)

Mojo

Bloody Aussies anyways. You never know when they are serious or jabbing you. Cheeky buggers I tell ya. :) I have been married to my Aussie wife for 13 years and I think I have her humor figured out. If she says something to me with a smile she is probably joking. If she hits me she is serious and means what she says. :)

Check into the costs of shipping it back to Bob. If the costs are outrageous then call him and schedule a house call and demand he is on time. :)

If one of my machines takes a serious dump then it will get shipped back to Bob. At least that way I know it will get done right. I have heard too many horror stories of taking machines to locals who screw the machines up worse then what they were before.

It is getting harder and harder to find good technicians who truly know " Industrial " machines. To many of them fix Suzy Home maker  machines and think they can fix the big industrial's. This is why I have been working hard to learn about my machines so I can do my own repairs.

I am betting shipping to Bob will be cheaper then gas to run over to the next city twice - once to drop it off and another time to pick it up.

Chris

scottymc

Quote from: scottymc on August 19, 2011, 03:07:58 pm

Re read what you wrote mate, you said that you could not afford afford high quality workmanship , so you will wait till Bob is in the area( I assumed for more affordable low quality workmanship ).

Sorry I thought you were just giving a bit of backhanded ribbing to Bob, which is the norm for Aussie humour, such as we call redheads"Bluey" and a 4' 10" man named John "Big John" :)

javascript:replaceText('%20:)',%20document.forms.postmodify.message);
So did you read it the way I read it, or do I need an interpreter  that speaks fluent American.

Uncle Lar

There's supposed to be a guy in Poynette that works on industrial sewing machines.  I grabbed his card from a bulletin board in Kwik Trip one day.  I figured I may need to talk to him someday about some service work on mine.  I can round up the contact info if your interested.  Still a ways from wausau, but closer than milwaukee.

cthomps

John's sewing center in Eau Claire WI.  I have been using him for about 30 years. I live in Mennomonie, WI. He is a great guy and does great work.  Good luck.

John Weber419 E Madison St.  Eau Claire WI 54703 715-834-5252 or
888-834-5252
"Trying to make a living, one stitch at a time."

cthomps

ps.  I forgot to mention call, rather than email.  He also sharpens scissors.
"Trying to make a living, one stitch at a time."