Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:32:16 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dirt bike, jetski seat gripper fabric supplier

Started by Fanta, July 11, 2012, 11:40:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanta

Hello everyone I'm in the UK and am trying to possibly start a new business, but I'm struggling to find a supplier for the fabric that I require and am hoping you can help. I'm after a vinyl type material that has a grippy texture. The closest I've came is finding a website called jettrim that list a fabric which looks like exactly what I'm after. They call it a medium grip vinyl. I have contacted them and they told me that they have it custom made for them and they don't sell the fabric just use it on seats they upholster. Apart from that I can't find anyone that does it. I have heard of people talking about all sport vinyl, but It doesn't appear to have a grippy texture in the pictures I've seen. The fabric I'm after I believe is vinyl and has little raised dots to give grip. If any one can help it would be very much appreciated. I'm after the fabric in colours, black, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, but the more the better. Also because I'm in the UK I require it to be shipped unless someone obviously knows a UK supplier.
Thank You very much and hope to hear from you.
Gavin

JuneC

Welcome, Gavin.  The only "gripper" vinyl I've ever seen in the US is the black All Sport specifically sold as a gripper version of their 4-way stretch vinyl.  And it looks smooth, though not shiny like most vinyls.  As for its performance, I've heard more than a few complaints that it's hard on the skin on your inner legs and chafes and gives you "rug burn".  No personal experience, just hear-say.  I suppose if you were wearing a skin or wetsuit it would be just fine. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields