Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:51:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Question on ottoman pattern matching

Started by JuneC, October 25, 2012, 01:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

So I have an ottoman to cover - one with a 4" deep lid.  At first I was thinking the fabric pattern on the boxing of the lid should pattern-match the top.  But then, when viewed from the sides, I was thinking the fabric pattern on the boxing of the lid should match the sides.  What's the convention on this? 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

Think of the ottoman sides as being the front, back, and 2 ends. The boxing should match both the top and the front/back sides. On the ends, the boxing should match the sides only. Does that make sense?

Look at Gene's pic:
http://get-up-and-go.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=11922.0
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

Hmmmm.. and Gene's certainly does look like it's "done right" with the matching.  Problem with this one is that the two long sides are curved.  I guess those will have to be the sides where the boxing/sides don't pattern match the top plate.  The only straight edges are the short sides - about 2' and the long sides are 9.5'.  Yeah, it's big.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields