Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:03:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My latest project

Started by forsailbyowner, November 29, 2013, 11:29:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forsailbyowner

Heres what Ive been working on.

http://taxih2o.com/

I will post pics of the interior next week when its all installed. there was some paint and fiberglass to be done so the interior was still sitting in a pile. It was kind of a fun project as it was all from scratch converting an old fishing boat into the taxi. The owner
Doni is a standup guy and I wish him the best of luck with his new business expansion. He also does a towing/rescue/recovery business.

Mike

didn't have to do checkered seats did you?
I got to  ask steve you just got there last week right? how do you get the jobs so fast and you sew on the boat right, that got to be a feet itself managing space id like to see you sewing workspace also

forsailbyowner

I was working on this project just before I left but they had a bunch of stuff to do before I could install the cushions. I  will post pics of my sewing space the next time I set it up. I have a 4'x50" table top that extends the sewing area to the left of the machine, Im in process of totally redoing the sewing area. I moved the sewing machine so I get maximum room in the setee to sew, the machine lines up so the material just clears the mast when sewing on the right and theres about 5' or so to the left. I built the table butcherblock style and am still working on doing the sole in butcherblock to match, After sanding the butcher block Im staining it with sandalwood stain, a nice medium color and coating it with multiple coats of epoxy. The boat is finally in service and made its debut at the st pete boat show. Doni took new pics and has them on his website. He likes the bright yellow color, all the equipment in his yard matches.

Neptunetowing.com

http://www.taxih2o.com/

Mike

nice  steve  brite it is, thought I heard the building on the pier was coming down.

speaking of dailboat I don't get many here but I got my 2snd best sail project to date today

forsailbyowner

Yep theyve been battling the pier issue for a while. I didnt attend the boat show, I think its more for newbies to the sailing scene. It was held near the southdocks this year, I guess its been there for a while,
The last one I attended was in vinoy basin. I had a good job lined up for before xmas that was put back till after the holidays. I guess he didnt get a big check he was expecting. Im gonna do one set of cockpit cushions for a customer whos boat Ive been fitting for years as he could afford it then head south. Getting a little nippy and I still havent got that heater I keep telling myself im going to get. Tell me more about your sailboat project coming up.

Mike

it is a ericson34 ive got to build a bimini frame and dodger frame and enclosure . say next time you pass by this way you could anchor and dinghy up my short canal to my place maybe a store run if you need if you dant mind sailing into the harbor