Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 07:19:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Original Auto seat materials

Started by baileyuph, September 23, 2013, 05:55:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Each year Detroit Auto Trim fabrics are compiled in catalogs at a price for auto trim shop use in ordering seating materials.  I have been buying these books, but lately they are becoming less effective for a couple of reasons:

1.  Even though a fabric sample and cloth/vinyl/leather number may be displayed more often I have tried to order and am told not available.  Yep, material sample is shown with reference number but it doesn't help when the material is not in stock.  No stock available has been happening for autos less than three years old.  Understandable if the requirement is for an older car, but a two or three year old auto!

2.  No stock is one dilema, now another;  some fabrics are not even listed in a new book.  This has happened for domestic autos to me and a popular seller (i.e. Ford F150).

This won't work and why is it happening? 

I had a two year old Corvette and couldn't get the original leather is an other example.

We have heard he word "change" in recent years but who would have expected this, something is happening in the market place and if it continues, there are going to be some shabby looking seats in autos. 

Autos are too expensive to be throw-a-way status.  Especially anything less than 10 years old and much newer.

Doyle

brmax

As a newby in this i see a lot on different forums and such of where can i get the books and # material, with very very few book selling options. Now i will pay much more attention. Its Possible the companies making after market items like the old 60s auto pieces.
Thanks and Good Day